Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce Recipe
Make no mistake - ghost peppers are hot. How hot? 1,000,000+ Scoville Units, that's how hot. You can learn more about ghost peppers here. This particular sauce focuses on the ghost pepper itself. We chose red bell peppers to fill out the body of the sauce, but you can reasonably use other peppers for flavor, such as poblano peppers, jalapeno peppers, or other sweet peppers. Try it out as well with dried peppers. Just be sure to hydrate them before using.
- 2 fresh ghost pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups of white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Strain into a large bowl to remove any unprocessed skins or other material. You may need to strain several times, or use a food mill.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to mingle.
Share this Hot Sauce Recipe:
Jalapeno Poppers and Other Stuffed Chili Peppers
Jalapeno Madness: Jalapeno Recipes Galore
250+ Jalapeno Pepper Recipes for Every Occasion!